In Poets & Writers, November - December 2017, there are magazines listed from pages 56 to 63, not requiring fees to submit. I picked 6 hidden gems that I thought I would share with you...
Leiann Lynn Rose Spontaneo
1. The First Line has a purpose to break through the block that is the blank page. Each issue contains short stories that stem from a first line. Open all year. Submit 300 to 5,000 words of fiction or 500 to 800 words of non-fiction to email@example.com
2. Concis is devoted to brevity, the succinct, condensed, crisp and condensed. Poems, prose poems, micro-essays, haiku, tanka,...they are all good. Open all year. Submit up to 5 poems totaling no more than 25 lines each or 5 short prose pieces totaling no more than 250 words each to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Redactions: Poetry & Poetics wants poems and anything dealing with poetry. Open all year. Submit up to 3 to 5 poems to email@example.com
4. Redheaded Stepchild only accepts poems that have been rejected by other magazines. No allegiance to any particular style or school. Open August and February. Submit 3 to 5 poems to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Juxtaprose publishes works of fiction, poetry and creative non-fiction from around the world. Open all year. Submit up to 5 poems or 500 to 5,000 words of prose to email@example.com
6. Unbroken Journal desires to give the block, the paragraph, a new place to play. Open all year. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little something for the well-known and the unknown. Good luck with your submissions!